Wednesday, October 26, 2016

2916 October Horror Challenge #74: "Anguish (1987)"

Well, that was quick. I talked about this movie when I reviewed another movie called "Anguish" a few hours ago, and I mentioned that I really wanted to see this one, but I didn't think I'd get a chance to see it this year.  Well ask and ye shall receive, I guess. Thanks to the Full Moon channel on Amazon video, look what I got to watch!

I've wanted to see this movie for years. It came out in 1987, and it was always lurking around the horror section of old video stores, tempting me. It's about a man who lives with his eccentric mother in a creepy old house. Yes, that's all I'm going to tell you, not just because I'm a dick, but because the less you know going in to this movie the better. I'm serious, don't read any of the other reviews or watch the trailer, they all give away way too much and spoil what would otherwise be a creepy, confusing mindfuck of a movie watching experience.

I love Zelda Rubenstein. Seriously. She's a big part of a lot of my favorite scary movies ( and a favorite episode of Tales from the Crypt) and she always manages to creep me out. She makes this movie a lot of fun. I really wish I could have seen this in a theater, because I bet it would be even more fun that way. It's definitely weird and messed up, but I really enjoyed this one and I'm glad I finally got to see it after all this time.


No comments:

Post a Comment