Sunday, October 9, 2016

2016 October Horror Challenge# 25: "Frightmare"


I have now seen three different movies called "Frightmare" and they're all different.  One was a horrible cheese slasher, one was a ghost story, and now this movie about a messed up family that makes your family look normal in comparison. I wonder how many movies have actually been called "Frightmare"? I'd like to see them all before I die, if possible, since my life has turned into a saga of watching this movie over and over again thinking it will be the same, yet it's different every time.

This is definitely the best of the "Frightmare" movies that I've seen so far. There's a brutal murder, followed by an angry judge issuing a sentence condemning a killer to psychological care, then we meet a young woman attending university who mysteriously visits an elderly couple living in the woods who appear to be hiding a terrible secret.  It's all very mysterious and confusing, but the acting is good and there's plentyof gore and the whole thing is messed up in the best way.  Gotta love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment