Sunday, October 16, 2016

2016 October Horror Challenge #45: "One Night in Doom House"



When I was a kid/teen I used to love reading R.L. Stine's books. The Goosebumps and Fear Street series were my favorites, even when they were bad, so I get a kick out of watching these movies based around his books. They tend to be a lot of fun.

This movie is about a demon who is supposed to release an army of demons to take over the world, but his plans Jeep getting thwarted by a brother and sister ghost. There's also a nerdy kid named Max who is friends with the ghosts even though he's alive. He helped them defeat an evil villain in the past, and now he's helping them to find their parents. Things get complicated, of course, and spooky hijinks ensue.

Since this is a movie aimed at kids/tweens, it doesn't have too much depth, but it's fun. I dug it. This is the third Mostly Ghostly movie, and they're always fun. I also like how Danny Trejo is in this movie, which gives it more horror street cred in my book. From the ending of this movie, it looks like there will be at least one more, so I'll get to see what happens next in the story. I'm ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment