Tuesday, October 25, 2016

2016 October Horror Challenge #70: "After"



This is one of the movies I was excited to check out this year. It's been lurking around on Netflix for a little bit now, tempting me with its cool sounding premise, but I had to wait impatiently for horror movie month before I'd let myself watch it. Today is the day! Whee!

The movie is about a man and a woman who survive a bus crash only to get home and discover that they are the only people left in their town (and the rest of the world seems out of reach too, since they can't call or radio anyone for help). Right away I figured that I knew what was going to happen, because I've seen movies lol me this before so I could predict the ending, but this movie took some unexpected turns, and it never gets old seeing people wander around an abandoned town without another soul in sight. Totally creepy.

This movie dies pretty well getting me to like the main characters. At first the guy seems like a skeezy  creeper when he won't stop hitting on the woman on the bus, but he kinda grew on me after awhile. They both do, so I actually cared about these two people and their stories. I'll admit, the movie gets all dark and twisty and I didn't always know what was going on, but it compelled me to keep watching anyway, and that makes it worth a watch in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment