Monday, October 10, 2016

2016 October Horror Challeng #: 26 "Some Kind of Hate"


This has been billed as a "supernatural slasher," which intrigued me because if there's one thing I love, it's slasher movies.  I also love supernatural movies, though, so of course I wanted to see this.  For awhile there, people were raving about this movie being great, so I found out more than I wanted to know about the plot ( dude, quit ruining everything!) but I still wanted to see this movie and decide for myself what I thought about it.

So the plot intrigued me.  A teen who has been bullied almost to the point of madness  tries to fight back and winds up in a camp for juvenile delinquents.  I know first hand that abusers and bullies don't always get what they deserve, and even trying to fight back and tring to report them can often leave you  being called the crazy one. Oh so much fun.  This movie really pissed me off because seeing this dynamic play out on-screen wasn't much fun to watch.  I suppose the movie deserves props for getting under my skin like this though.

Speaking of "getting under skin,"  this movie has a lot of actual slashing with razor blades, which always freaks me out.  Plus there's a lot of abuse and torture that's both talked about and shown, and it's about enough to put me on the side of the vengeful spirit of hatred that wants to just kill everyone and let God (or Satan maybe) sort them out.  It takes awhile to get going, because it's actually setting up a plot and character development, but once it gets going, it gets nasty pretty quick.  It's messed up, but I like that sort of thing, so I dug this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment