Monday, October 10, 2016

2016 October Horror Challeng #28: "Graduation Day"


What's this? An 80s slasher I haven't seen yet? I must watch it now! The list of slashers I haven't seen gets smaller every day, and I've been wanting to watch this one for a long time, so I was glad to see it on Amazon video.

There's not much plot here ( is there ever?) A young track star dies a few months before graduation, and now that graduation is a week away, someone is picking off the other students in her graduating class.

It's nice to see so much sleeziness on display here that is missing from a lot of modern slashers.  Teachers hitting on students, students sleeping with teachers to get better grades, stuff so decidedly un PC that it wouldn't find its way into a movie nowadays. This isn't a great movie by any means, but it's a fun little trashy flick anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment