Wednesday, October 26, 2016

2016 October Horror Challenge #75: "Deathbed"


There's like, 8 movies with this same title, and I've heard the one from the 70s is the best, but I've wanted to see this one since the horror magazine Fangirls did a story back when the movie was being made, so I'll ignore all the negative reviews and give it a watch. What's the worst that could happen? If I survived "A Night to Dismember," then surely I can survive this movie.

This version is about a married couple who move into a new place only to find out that there's an old antique bed locked away in a hidden room. They decide to dust off the bed and use it, and soon haunted hijinks ensue. The husband complains at the of the movie that his wife won't do anything kinky in bed, and as soon as I heard that I knew that the haunted ass bed was going to enhance their sex life before they realized it was evil. I was totally right. Score one for my dirty mind.

Of course the wife figures out that something bad is happening way before her doofus of a husband (he's not the sharpest tool in the shed) and soon she's seeing violent visions and drawing pictures without any knowledge of what is happening. I've liked other Stuart Gordon movies in the past, but this movie's tone of "humor" tends to be more annoying than amusing. It's very cheesey too. That doesn't always have to be a bad thing, but it did grate on my nerves here. In the end, while there's some good gore, the movie is just to silly for me to appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment