Tuesday, October 11, 2016

2016 October Horror Challenge #32: "Avalanche Sharks"



I don't know what it is with me and shark movies this year. For some reason, I keep gravitating toward shark movies. Actually, sharks do fascinate me, and the thought of being trapped in the water with some is scary to me, but I keep watching movies about ridiculous situations that will never happen, like a tornado full of sharks, or an avalanche full of sharks, like this one (which honestly seems even more ridiculous than a tornado full of sharks, and no, I can't believe I just typed that).

So we're reaching into the toilet with this one, and I know it, but I can't resist this movie any longer. I keep seeing it on Netflix and I must watch it.  I can hear it calling my name.

So yeah, this is really stupid. There's an avalanche high in the mountains that releases long buried prehistoric sharks to slide down the mountain and feed on tourists.  Nope, I'm not making that up, that's really the plot. A bunch of characters are on spring break at a ski resort, and the sharks like, totally ruin their whole weekend, dude.  How rude.

The acting is pretty bad, but the fact that the characters are really annoying makes it more fun to watch them get eaten by sharks. The movie does drag more than a movie that's only an hour and 25 minutes should drag, and it gives me more time to be annoyed by stupid little details like why the women are going skiing in bikini tops ( no, I'm not making that up either) but there's some good gore I guess. I only have myself to blame, because it's not like I didn't know in advance that this movie was going to be stupid, but it was still fun seeing annoying characters get eaten by prehistoric sharks.

No comments:

Post a Comment