Tuesday, October 25, 2016

2016 October Horror Challenge #69: "Indigenous"


Having watched several good indie horror flicks with low ratings on Netflix, I decided to continue that trend with this movie. It's about a group of friends who visit Panama to party and have fun, and they decide to go for a hike WAY deep into the woods, and if course they stumble upon a monster there, because why wouldn't they?

I'm not sure what to think of this movie at first. The opening scene is good, but then we meet the characters, and some of them...I'm not saying they're bad actors, but I hope they don't quit their day jobs. So that's distracting. Plus I really don't get why they hike a million miles into the damn woods anyway, they're staying at a posh resort to party, WTF does a long ass hike have to do with that plan?

And the hits just keep coming, because their dumb asses find out that people have gone missing in the jungle, and that there's supposedly a monster there, and THAT'S when they decide to go on the damn ass hike! Seriously? "Hey, a bunch of people have disappeared and died here, let's go for a hike!" I don't care how nice the waterfall is that's supposed to be at the end of the hike, it's not worth getting eaten over, you idiots.

Of course no one ever listens to me when I yell at the TV screen, so a' hiking they will go in the deadly jungle. Sigh. Once the attacks start, though, they're pretty brutal. I thought the creature looked cool, too. And the movie manages to ratchet up the tension and mace me care even about Whiney McBadactors, so I guess I respect it for that. In the end, the movie wasn't bad. I enjoyed it well enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment