Saturday, October 15, 2016

2016 October Horror Challenge #43: "Madman"


This is another one of those vanishingly rare 80s slashers that I haven't seen yet. I've heard it was a lot of fun, so I was excited to check it out finally. It's about a crazed killer who haunts the house and grounds where he committed his crimes. The legend says that if you say his name, he will appear and kill you, so of course some teens out camping say his name and summon him. Violent murders ensue.

The movie starts off fun, with the teens around the campfire telling scary stories, which was one of my favorite things when I was a kid. The budget doesn't allow for much in the way of special effects, so the gore is kinda cheesy and silly looking.  The acting isn't going to win any awards either, but it's fine for what it is I guess. This movie would have been more fun if I had some friends to watch it with and laugh together. It was nice getting to cross another slasher off my list, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment