Friday, October 7, 2016

2016 October Horror Challenge #22 "Flowers in the Attic"



Well, since I watched two if the best movies of the challenge today, I figured I might as well get the worst one out of the way, too. I realize that it's still early in the game, so calling this movie the worst might be premature, but the thought of watching a movie worse than this one is so depressing I won't low myself to consider it.

Every time I watch this movie, I wonder what went wrong. Kristy Swanson isn't a bad actress, in fact the three female leads Iin this movie are all fairly well-known and not terrible. The book is purported to be good, though I haven't read it, and the premise is intriguing: after their father dies, four children and their mother ho to live with their grandmother, who is a whack job. Dysfunction ensues.

I don't know how the filmmakers took all that, which is a lot of good to work with, and somehow turned out this huge pile of shit. I didn't root for anyone, even the kids were supposed to like, and apart from wanting to stab the grandmother just on principle, I find it hard to care about this movie.  I'll watch the remake at some point and see if I like that better.

No comments:

Post a Comment