Friday, October 28, 2016

2016 October Horror Challenge #81: "Fright Night 2 (2013)"



I saw the original "Fright Night 2" when I was a kid who wasn't supposed to be watching horror movies, so we had to change the channel every time my mom walked downstairs. I don't know if this one claims to be a remake of that movie, but I don't remember much about that one anyway, so I probably won't be able to tell either way. This movie got a lot of bad ratings, but I remain hopeful.

In this version, some college kids are on a trip to Romania, where Charlie Brewster ends up having to save his ex girlfriend from a sultry female vampire. It claims to be a horror comedy, but the opening sequence is all horror and is pretty cool. I love watching vampires attack.

The problem is that after those six minutes of excitement, the rest of the movie seems to drag.  Cone on, people, an hour and a half long movie should not have time to be boring!  But just when I'm ready to stab someone, things actually start happening. There's some good nudity and some cool gore, too. It even gets kind of funny after awhile. Definitely better than I thought it would be. This movie isn't anything to write home about, but it was an OK way to kill an hour and a half.

No comments:

Post a Comment