Monday, October 3, 2016

2016 October Horror Challenge #5: "Die Die Delta Pi"


I can't say I wasn't warned about this one.  Everyone pretty much gave this a terrible review, but I heard that it was a low-budget throwback to 80s slashers,and I bought it anyway.  In my defense, I tend to like movies that have gotten bad reviews, but there's always a risk that everyone else will be right, and unfortunately, that's what happened here.

Where do I start? The acting was terrible and wooden. Everyone sounded like they were reading their lines, which is a huge pet peeve of mine.  The dialogue was awful as well.   It sounded like it was written by 12 year olds who think they're being cool because they say fuck a lot.

The plot, such as it is, isn't remotely original: a sorority prank goes wrong back in the 80s ( we know it's the 80s because people Keep saying "far out" a lot) and a bunch of people die, and now on the anniversary of that death sorority chick start getting murdered blah blah blah.  I suppose since it's ostensibly a throwback it doesn't have to be original, but I've seen this story a million times, and done much better than it is here.  All the nudidty in the world can't save this one or make it worth checking out.

No comments:

Post a Comment