Sunday, October 30, 2016

2016 October Horror Challenge #89: "Knock Knock"


Can someone please explain to me why every fucking poster for this movie spoils what happens? Seriously? I finally had to go with this poster because of them all it spoils the least, but it's still more of the plot twist than I think should be on a POSTER FOR THE MOVIE. Really? REALLY?! Whatever happened to you know, not knowing what happens in the movie until you actually see it? Am I the only one who cares about that anymore?

OK, OK, whatever. So this movie is about a dad, played by Keanu Reeves, who answers s knock on the door and a bunch of terrifying things happen as a result. This movie seems to have disturbed a hornet's nest or something, because everywhere I turn people are screaming about how it's horrible and sexist and trash. I just wanted to see Keanu Reeves in a good horror movie for once, is that too much to ask?

This movie kind of reminded me of the movie "Funny Games." Most if you probably know that I HATED that movie, but I'm not being a smartass with the comparison, this movie reminds me of the good things about that movie, the sense that you're not safe in your own home (and that you should never answer the goddamn door if anyone knocks, seriously, these people have never seen a movie before in their whole lives).

So I really don't get why people are so pissed off about this movie. Without spoiling anything, I don't see much if a difference between this and a lot of other horror movies. Women are crazy, men are crazy, and anyone can be a crazy psycho killer, that's the beauty of sharing the world with fucked up people, right? The acting in this movie is pretty good, it's creepy as hell, and it only reinforces my determination to never ever answer the door if someone knocks. Sue me, I liked it. If that makes me a bad person, well, lots of people already think that anyway, so I'm good.

No comments:

Post a Comment