Saturday, October 15, 2016

2016 October Horror Challenge #44: "Night of the Living Deb"

So a lot of horror comedies are really laughing at horror fans, not with us, so they tend to piss me off with their "comedy." I did have hopes for this one, though, because  some other horror fans have given this the severed thumbs up, which made me think it might be good.  Here's hoping.

So the plot says that a really nerdy girl gets drunk and has a drunken tryst with a really hot guy only to wake up the next morning and discover that there has apparently been a zombie apocalypse during the night and now their town is overrun with flesh eating fiends.

The humor us full of biting sarcasm. I really liked Deb. She's a huge dork, but she reminds me of myself, so I guess that says a lot about me, huh? The hot guy is kind of a twit, a little too in love with himself, but their banter as they play off each other is a lot of fun. It actually plays out like a regular zombie movie, just with lots of snarky comments from the leads. It really is a lot of fun. Definitely worth checking out.



No comments:

Post a Comment