Friday, October 7, 2016

2016 October Horror Challenge #18 "Invasion of the Body Snatchers"


I saw this for the first time when I was a kid.  My mom wasn't big on letting us watch horror movies, but if they were in black and white they were classics, so we could convince her to let us watch those.  I was about seven, and all I knew was that the movie was about creatures from outer space that come to earth and possess the bodies of people.  That idea creeped me out royally, so I was excited to watch the movie.

It still holds up, even years later.  The acting isn't bad, the characters are likeable, and they ease into the story slowly but surely, ratcheting up the tension until you're totally invested in seeing the "good guys" defeat these alien imposters.

I've seen every version if this movie over the years, and I always enjoy them.  From the sheer number of remakes/ variations on a theme, it's clear that the idea of seeing friends and loved ones slowly being replaced by imposters scares people.  It definitely freaked me out as a kid.  The movie ended, and I turned to my mom and said " but what if they'rey didn't get them all?!" Creepy. I am happy to report that this movie holds up and is still good even after all these years.

But what if they didn't get them all...?

Sweet dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment