Tuesday, October 4, 2016

2016 October Horror Challenge #12: "Jaws II"


Now that I've watched s parody mocking these iconic killer shark flicks, I suppose it's time for me to check out the sequel to the shark movie that started it all: JAWS.  Now, I've seen Jaws II when I was a kid ( my mom was at work so my brother and I seized our chance to check out some horror movies, and we watchedthe original and this sequel back to back.  I mixed the two movies up in my head, so I didn't really remember much that made the sequel stand out.

I bought the original movie years ago and watched it, but I was waiting for the 3 sequels to get released so I could watch them together ( even though a lot of people say they're horrible) and that didn't happen until recently.  Bring on the cheesy killer shark movies!

This sequel takes place a few years after the original.  The town has recovered from the killer ller shark that caused to much grief, but as the poster for the movie says, it's still not safe to go back in the water. There is another killer shark chowing down on the locals! Oh no! Can the sheriff defeat another killer shark before it destroys the town completely?

Have you heard the phrase "second verse, same as the first, only a little bit louder and a little bit worse"? That's basically this movie. It's not horrible, but it's pretty much a copy of the original, minus the originality.  It was not a bad watch, though it ran a little long for my tastes.  I hope the other two sequels are more fun, even if they're bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment