Tuesday, October 4, 2016

2016 October Horror Challenge #9: "Stung"


I've been wanting to see this movie for awhile now.  I'm allergic to bee stings, so I've always wanted someone to make a good horror movie about bees or wasps or similar creatures, but every bee/wasp themed horror movie I've seen has been pretty terrible ("The Swarm," anybody?)

I didn't like the main charactersat first, a girl and her goofy guy friend who are trying to build a catering company from the ground up.  They're catering a garden party on an estate for some crazy rich folks amid personal struggles (he loves her, she doesn't love him, her father recently died and the catering business was his dream).  Of course since it's a horror movie, there are also some angry antisocial wasps swarming around that will soon cause some horrific events to occur.

The movie has some cool gore going for it, even though things do get a little ridiculous plot wise.  The characters become more likeable and I was rooting for them to make it after awhile.  Plus wasps are just creepy anyway, angry little buggers that they are, so I ended up digging this movie. Finally, a horror movie about stinging insects that I can actually recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment