Monday, October 24, 2016

2016 October Horror Challenge #63: "Animal"




This movie has been floating around Netflix for awhile now. I wasn't sure if it would be good or not, but I decided to give it a chance. I've been having good luck with low budget horror flicks lately, plus this movie has some actors I recognize, like Keke Palmer and Joey Lauren Adams, so I know that at least the acting will be good from some of the players.

The plot centers on a group of friends going on a nature hike and camping trip in some woods that gave been fenced off (supposedly for a deforestation project). The opening sequence let's us know that there's something lurking in the woods that attacks people, but we're not sure what it is. I expect that it's some kind of animal, using my trained detective skills to interpret the title.

The characters are kind of annoying, at least some of them are, but they play off each other well and it's easy to believe that they are friends. It doesn't take too long for the creature to show up and start chowing down, and soon the group of friends meets up with the remaining people from the opening sequence, and together they must figure out a way to survive and escape. Its not great, but it's a pretty fun movie with some cool scares.

No comments:

Post a Comment