Monday, October 31, 2016

2016 October Horror Challenge #100: "Birdemic: Shock and Terror" with Rifftrax


Well, this is what happens when you piss me off on Halloween with your terrible ass movie. I decide to watch what most people agree is the worst horror movie of our generation, "Birdemic: Shock and Terror." People have been talking about this movie in horror circles for awhile now, but I've never had the guts to see it, because seriously? But I might as well watch it now, only I refuse to watch it without Rifftrax, because I don't want to be the only one making snide remarks this time around.

So I can't actually tell you what this movie was supposed to be about. I mean, obviously it's about birds coming down with some kind of epidemic and attacking and killing people, but you wouldn't know it to watch the first half of the movie. Seriously, this makes every slow paced boring movie I've watched this year seem like a thrill a minute ride. Dear God.

This movie spends over twenty minutes showing people driving around with no dialogue, in between shots of people walking around to the sounds of elevator music. As one of the guys remarks, " I think people forgot to tell this movie that it's in a movie." It must be unbearable without the snarky comments. Thank the Lord i don't have to watch it that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment