Thursday, October 1, 2015

2015 October Horror Challenge #1 "The Club"



So this movie started, and I saw the cheesy camerawork and heard the bad 80s music, and I kind of wanted to skip back to the beginning and watch something else instead, but this is October and in service of my goal of watching at least 100 horror movies this month, I kind of don't have time to waste, so I tend to keep watching movies even if they're terrible, so I gritted my teeth and stuck it out.  The verdict?  I've definitely seen worse.  The movie is silly, and I get the idea it was supposed to be a "teen horror" in the 90s, which before "Scream" could be a boring prospect, but it had some good points.  Some of the lines were genuinely funny, like when one of the girls, trying to figure out why time seems to have stopped, says "do you think we're dead?" and another girl asks "do you feel dead?" and the girl replies "I don't know, I've never been dead before."  I wound up not hating it.  Non-horror fans or impatient horror fans might want to steer clear, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment