Thursday, October 29, 2015

2015 October Horror Challenge #90 "The Entity"



I've been wanting to watch this movie for approximately 5,498 years.  This is another movie that I used to gaze longingly at in the video store, wishing I was allowed to watch horror movies.  I don't know why I waited so long to finally buy this movie.  Probably got distracted by shiny objects and kept forgetting it existed.  I'm glad I finally got to check it out for the challenge this year.  Did it live up to the hype?

Supposedly, this is based on a true story.  A woman is repeatedly attacked and raped, but no one believes her story because her attacker is a ghost.  Ugh.  I really don't want to think about that, and I especially don't want to think about it being based on a true story.  Ick.  I really hope Frank DeFelitta made that up.  Or whoever told him the story fid.  I know that Sully on the X-Files talked about ghost tape being reported but never proven, so I figure she knows what she's talking about.

Barbara Hershey does a great job here.  I totally felt for her character.  She's a strong, take - charge kind of woman in the opening of the movie, and to see her crumble over time as she's worn down by this horrible situation is disheartening. It's horrible to watch her break down as no one believes her and everyone thinks she's making the whole story up.  When someone finally believes her because they witness the entity destroying the house, she smiles and cries with relief, and it almost brought tears to my eyes.  Suffice it to say, this movie really affected me and I thought it was excellent.

No comments:

Post a Comment