Wednesday, October 21, 2015

2015 October Horror Challenge #58 "R.L. Stine's Mostly Ghostly"



I'm digging all these R.L. Stine inspired Halloween movies.  When I was a kid 2e didn't have nearly enough horror/monster/Halloween related stuff aimed at kids, and now thanks to Netflix and other streaming sites, we have tons of them to choose from.  I love it!

This story is about an unpopular preteen kid who is interested in magic and the supernatural, and he unwittingly summons a real ghost one night and then has to figure out what to do.  I was an unpopular kid interested in magic and the supernatural,  so I can relate.  I would have been stoked to summon a real ghost when I was a kid.  This movie is a lot of fun without being too scary or too gory, so it's the perfect flick to help get littler kids interested in this horrific habit of ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment