Tuesday, October 13, 2015

2015 October Horror Challenge #38 "The Corpse Bride"



There seem to be two camps of people with strong opinions about this movie.  Some love it and think it'd brilliant because they love Tim Burton's movies and think everything he does is brilliant.  I definitely don't fall into that group.  I have nothing against Tim Burton, but I don't automatically love anything he does, either.  Then there are those who don't like Tim Burton, think he's horribly overrated, and tend to hate everything he dies.  I'm not in that group either.  I love "Sleepy Hollow," and I'm willing to give his other movies a chance, even though he's probably made more movies I don't like than anything else.  I've been meaning to see this movie for awhile, but I wasn't sure whether I'd like it or not, since so many people seem to do slide it unless they're those who love anything Tim Burton puts out.

I'm happy to report that I really liked this movie.  Of course, since I don't do anything the way anyone else does...leave it to me to like the one Tim Burton movie everyone seems to hate.  I feel bad for the two awkward young people who are engaged to be married because their families want a business merger, though they haven't even met and certainly aren't in love.  It's a story I can relate to, being awkward myself.  I like the dark atmosphere, I like the funny premise of the misunderstanding that causes the young man to be engaged to a corpse (whoops...that would be just my luck, too).  I dig this movie, and I'm glad I gave it a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment