Sunday, October 18, 2015

2015 October Horror Challenge #50 "Zombeavers"



Yes, I know, I know.  I thought this was going to be the worst movie ever made, too, and it took me forever to bite the bullet and actually watch it, but once I got over my embarrassment at watching a movie called "zombeavers," I actually enjoyed the hell out of this movie.

The movie is that rarest of beautiful unicorns, a horror comedy that's actually funny, and it's also a pretty gory and nasty and fun horror movie, too.  Perchance to dream.  The movie sets up its premise (some toxic waste spills on some beavers and they zombify and start doing very antisocial things) and then introduces us to some nubile young things who are going to be staying at a nearby cabin for the weekend.

There's some actual character development that doesn't suck, and we get to see some nice nudity before the aforementioned zombie beavers start wreaking bloody havoc.  I have to say, I disliked a lot of the characters enough to enjoy seeing them become beaver food, and the acting is pretty good where it matters (the characters we're going to be seeing enough of to care if they can act or not).  I was shocked as hell to say it, but this was one damn enjoyable horror flick.  Long live the zombeavers!

No comments:

Post a Comment