Friday, October 23, 2015

2015 October Horror Challenge #62 "The Lazarus Effect"



Well, I guess we'll have to see what happens with this movie.  Netflix seems to think I'll like it, but most other people said it was really stupid.  A guy at work said it sucked but it was cool and freaky, for whatever that's worth, and my cousin said it was stupid because it was so predictable.  I'm not sure what to make of that.  I guess I don't mind if things are predictable if they're done well, and I actually like the main character, Zoe, which is rare for a character played by Olivia Wilde.  I like her as an actress, but usually want to punch her characters in the face.

While I enjoyed the lack of wanting to punch Zoe, though, I found myself wanting to punch everyone else.  I suppose I get why everyone does the things they do, but they still do some monumentally stupid things.  Zoe's fiance, I get it.  He loves her so he freaks out at the thought of losing her.  The others, though?  I mean they all say "no no we shouldn't do this " but in the end they all go along with it instead of running for the hills or calling the cops or even notifying security.

After the action gets going, it continues at a pretty good pace.  The movie keeps the tension going well, and the acting is actually quite good.  There are some great creepy sequences, too, even though some of them are stolen from other movies.  I did enjoy the ending, though.  I suppose it's not the most unpredictable thong in the world, but it was still creepy and cool.  I dug it.

No comments:

Post a Comment