Tuesday, October 6, 2015

2015 October Horror Challenge #18 "Would You Rather"



For those who don't know, I'm really not a fan of the game "would you rather...?"  It's a party game where people take turns listing two unpleasant scenarios and asking each other which they'd rather do (would you rather have to shit out your ears or piss out your nose?)  The goal is to make the options as unique and disgusting as possible, and the person who chooses a scenario gets to turn and ask another player "which of these two disgusting things would you rather do?" and on and on until everyone wishes they'd played a game that was actually fun.

Given my dislike of this game, the plot of this movie, an eccentric rich guy gathers people to his mansion and forces them to play a game of "would you rather" where the scenarios are real, still sounds slightly less painful to me than being forced to play this game.  Plus Jeffrey Combs is in this movie, and he's usually good for a fun performance, and Brittany Snow is in it too, and I like her well enough.
I thought there was a chance this movie might suck, but since dome of the cast were good, and the premise sounded ok (though s little bit like "Saw" on crack) I had some hope that the movie might be good.  Happily, I can report that this movie isn't half bad.  The premise is creepy, the gore is icky, and the acting is pretty good as well.  Sure, the plot isn't grounded much in reality (or at least I hope not, since I like to think that even really rich people can't invite a bunch of people to their house to kill them without someone getting arrested) but the movie was still fun to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment