Wednesday, October 14, 2015

2015 October Horror Challenge #44 "Grabbers"



This is one of those movies that I've been meaning to watch for awhile, but I keep getting distracted by shiny objects, so it keeps getting pushed back while I watch other movies.  It sounds like a fun movie, though: creatures attack a small town, snacking on the licals, and the best defense against them seems to be getting hammered, since they can't tolerate a high blood alcohol level.  Bring on the booze!

I have to say, I'd probably want to get trashed too during a giant monster attack, so it would be nice to have an excuse.  It's also nice that this horror comedy is actually funny.  Maybe it's just me, but I find a lot of "comedy" to be stupid and annoyong rather than funny, buy this movie had me laughing out loud a few times.  There's also some good gore and creepy, icky creature effects.  I liked the main characters in the movie, so I had fun watching them figure out what was going on; figuring out how to fight the creatures and save the day.  This movie was a fun watch, and I'm glad I finally got around to seeing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment