Thursday, October 1, 2015

2015 October Horror Challenge #3 "Dark Skies"



I remember watching Keri Russell in various things over the years, so when I recognized her name in the cast of this movie, I was interested in checking it out.  Add to that some positive recommendations from friends, and this was one of the movies I was most excited about checking out this year for the horror challenge, and I'm glad I did.

The movie is about a family who have trouble coping when strange things begin happening around their house and it seems that some otherworldly force is tormenting their two young sons at night while they sleep.

The premise interests me because I had a vivid imagination as a kid and the thought of a creature coming out of some horror story and visiting me while I slept still creeps me out.  I also like how the family is experiencing hardships before anything supernatural happens, so I was drawn to them and cared about their struggles.  Also, while I love me some good gore, I have mad respect for movies that can scare me without the blood and guts.

The youngest son in particular is a really good actor.  He really manages to ratchet up the creep factor with his performance.  If you enjoy family drama with otherworldly elements and horror movies that can freak you out without resorting to the gross - out factor, this movie is well worth checking out.

No comments:

Post a Comment