Tuesday, October 6, 2015

2015 October Horror Challenge #19 "Torment"



This is one of those movies that Netflix keeps recommending  to me, but saying g they think I'll only give it one star (WTF am I supposed to do with that mixed message bullshit?)  So I knew I'd watch it eventually, and I hoped I'd like it more than they think I will.

Katharine Isabelle is in this movie, and she's a good actress, so that was one thing to recommend it, and the plot sounded familiar but ok.  A father and his new wife go on a trip with his young son to a remote cabin for s family bonding vacation, but there's evil in them there woods, so we know things aren't going to go well.  The opening sequence of the movie shows us a family getting killed in the hills, so there's further evidence that bad things are going to happen soon.

I generally like the characters of the wife and husband, but the kid is kind of a brat.  It's sad that your mom died, kid, but quit being a dick to everyone.  Your mom wouldn't like that.  The Killer is creepy enough, though the characters take waaaayyy too long to realize they're in danger.  Overall, this movie isn't anything to write home about, but it's not a bad little slalk-and-slash flick.

No comments:

Post a Comment