Thursday, October 1, 2015

2015 October Horror Challenge #7 "Creep"



Netflix keeps recommending this movie to me, but I don't know much about it.  It's a pretty low budget outing, where the director wrote the movie and is one of the stars, and it's a found footage horror movie, so there won't be much in the way of special effects, but I tend to like found footage type films, so that doesn't bother me too much.

The story seems straightforward, a man hires a videographer to join him in his cabin in the mountains in order to film a video diary that he can leave behind for his future children.  Sweet, right?  Of course, what seems straightforward winds up being anything but.  To be honest, the movie never fully explains what's going on, so it's a little off-kilter.  I think it's supposed to be quirky and funny and scary, but it's mostly annoying and a little creepy.

It kind of reminds me of another movie I watched once for a horror challenge a few years back, a movie called "Calvaire."  Now font get me wrong, this movie isn't as good as "Calvaire, " but it's got a similar vibe going on, with a weird guy creeping on another guy, making us all feel awkward and unsettled and eventually afraid when we watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment