Friday, October 16, 2015

2015 October Horror Challenge #46 "House of Bodies"



I've been meaning to watch this movie for awhild, and I finally bit the bullet tonight.  It has a really cool plot: a website known for love streaming sex and fake murders suddenly starts to look disturbingly real.  A young hearing impaired viewer becomes concerned that someone has actually started killing the actors.  Meanwhile, a cop (Terrance Howard, *swoon*) is interviewing a killer (Peter Fonda) in prison.  How are the stories related?  I guess we'll have to watch to find out.

I love how Terrance Howard and Peter Fonda get top billing even though they're not the main charactwrs, but that's what happens with movies like this.  If they can, they will use the big name stars who have cameos to advertise the whole movie in order to lure in more viewers.  I'm not compmaining, I love them (especially Terrance Howard...I'll watch him in any role, no matter how small) I just think the main actors deserve some props too, because they're really not bad, and I see a lot of bad acting in movies like this, so I think actors should be praised for striving to be better.  So thank you, George Katt, Alexz Johnson, Karlee Eldridge, and Juliana Harkavy, for being better than anyone seems to want to give you credit for.

It's not just the acting, either, the plot of this movie is really cool, and I thought it was well-executed (hee hee hee, "executed") especially for a movie with such a small budget.  I thought the idea was cool when Halloween: Resurrection tried it (someone viewing the action on a live stream messages a person in the house and tries to help them escape the killer) and this movie lets it play out in a bigger way, so I was geeked.  It's fun to watch.  And of course, eventually the scenes with Terrance Howard and Peter Fonda tie in to the rest of the movie and we get to solve the mystery.  I had a lot of fun with this movie.  Screw the haters.

No comments:

Post a Comment