Tuesday, October 13, 2015

2015 October Horror Challenge #36 "Devil Seed"



Gotta love a good demonic possession movie.  Well, I'm not sure this one is good, per se, but it's full of demonic possession and evil spirits, and all that fun stuff.  This seems to have a low rating pretty much everywhere, but as I tend to like movies everyone else seems to hate, so I decided to give it s chance anyway.  How did it fare?

The opening credits were cool and had some spooky imagery going on.  Our good friend nudity shows up about five minutes into the movie and catches attention (though it doesn't bode well for the quality of the rest of the movie, in my experience).  The movie is about a group of college girls.  One returns from vacation and moves in with her friends (well, more like "friend," since one of the girls seems to hate her, which makes me wonder why they decided to live together, but no one asked me).  Anyway, the girls go out to party before classes start, they decide to get their fortunes read at a creepy psychic's place on the way home, and one of them winds up possessed by a demon.  Whoops.

The movie is obviously low budget, and it takes way too long for the action to get going, but it's not as terrible as people seem to think.  I've definitely seen way worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment