Monday, October 12, 2015

2015 October Horror Challenge #32 "Cabin Fever: Patient Zero"



Ok, here's the deal.  I liked the first Cabin Fever, I saw it in theaters, and though there was some juvenile humor and a few irritating aspects, it was a fairly solid horror flick with some great gore.  I never saw the second movie, which might be ok because I heard so many bad things about it.  It's on my to do list at some point, but I heard that I don't have to see the second movie to understand this, the third installment, so I decided to give this one a chance.

The general consensus seems to be that this movie is ok, better than the second, at any rate, and I do like Sean Astin, so I hoped that I'd enjoy this movie.  There's a pretty strong opening to this movie.  It's creepy and effective, and there's some good gore on display.  Unfortunately, after the opening, we're introduced to the main characters, who are annoying idiots.  I pretty much want them killed off as soon as possible.

Oddly enough, one of the characters that I wanted to die winds up having more depth than I gave him credit for, and the icky flesh eating virus from hell does decimate enough of the cast to keep things interesting.  There's one scene in particular that nearly made me puke it was so nasty, and all told, I think this movie is at least twice as gory as the original.  The plot isn't half bad either.  I found myself getting caught up in the story way more than I expected to, and the ending is great.  I'm glad I watched this one

No comments:

Post a Comment