Monday, October 5, 2015

2015 October Horror Challenge #15 "Curse of Chucky"


I really liked the turn the Child's Play movies took with "Bride of Chucky" and "Seed of Chucky," twisted and demented horror comedies, but I was still kinda excited at the prospect of the series making a return to its scary roots.  Killer dolls are creepy to me.  Dolls stare at you with their empty eyes and little plastic faces, and the thought of them coming to life and killing me doesn't seem too far fetched.  I was hoping this movie would creep me out like the ads for the original movie creeped me out as a kid.

I liked how the movie started out with a bang, and how there were some characters I could actually give a crap about, and also some characters I hated so it was fun to watch them get killed.  Creepy Chucky really works for me, too.  I've missed him.  I dug this movie, man.

No comments:

Post a Comment