Monday, October 5, 2015

2015 October Horror Challenge #14 "Cabinet of Souls"


This is based on one of the books in RL Stine's "Monsterville" series of horror books for kids.  I tended to gravitate toward adult horror novels when I was a kid, but since I devoured anything horror related, I did read a lot of Goosebumps books (I even thought they were better than Stine's Fear Street series, which were for older teens).  Monsterville is a newer incarnation of Stine's "Goosemps," so they were after my time, but this movie was still fun.  It was silly in parts, of course, like the dance scene near the beginning where the action stops so the characters can dance to cheesy pop music for five minutes for no reason, but stuff like that aside, I did have fun watching this movie.  I'd probably have had even more fun if I was 12.


No comments:

Post a Comment