Monday, October 12, 2015

2015 October Horror Challenge #31 "Tremors 5: Bloodlines"




Typically, once a movie series reaches the fifth installment, things have...shall we say, declined greatly in quality.  Especially after one of the sequels goes the prequel route.  In fact, usually a prequel is the last-ditch effort to milk some money from the ailing cash cow of a once successful series, and usually the prequel is the final installment of the series.  Tremors already went the prequel route with part 4 of the series, so I wasn't expecting there to be another sequel coming.  This made me kind of sad, because I've enjoyed all the Tremors flicks (yes, even the prequel) so I was open to the idea of another sequel.  These movies have all been cheesy fun for me, do I was actually excited to watch this movie.

I'm happy to report that this movie was a lot of fun.  It's a return to the story we left off with part 3, no more prequel stuff, and the character of Burt is finding himself some Internet fame as the premiere expert on the "grabber" monsters.  Someone wants to send him to Africa to investigate an outbreak of grabber attacks there, and soon we're knee-deep in monster fighting mayhem.  Watching Michael Gross fight monsters will never get old for me, so I dug this movie.  Your mileage may vary.

No comments:

Post a Comment