Wednesday, October 7, 2015

2015 October Horror Challenge #23 "Out of the Dark"



I like Julia Stiles, and Scott Speedman, and Stephen Rea, so this movie appealed to me because it had a good cast.  That doesn't always mean the movie will be good, but it helps.  The plot also sounded familiar but intriguing.  A family moves to a fairly remote area in Columbia so the wife can take over her father's business.  It's evident right away that the family is wealthy but the surrounding area is filled sith abject poverty, and from the opening sequence that takes place 20 years ago, it would seem that there are dark forces around that don't appreciate this woman or her family.  Soon the family is rushing to solve an old mystery and save their young daughter.

It seems to me that if my father asked me to move to the other side of the world and live in a house that is basically a palace compared to the rest of the area, I'd have a few questions, like "are there evil spirits here that will terrorize my family if I move in here?" but that's just me.  I would at least be suspicious, you know?  It's pretty clear that somethings not right, since all the old files ate missing and the woman's father doesn't seem to want to tell her anything about the company.  Damn you Stephen Rea, being all arrogant and evil.  He plays evil well, though.  Like I said, the movie isn't the most original story in the world, but it's not bad. I enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment