Tuesday, October 20, 2015

2015 October Horror Challenge #54 "Girl vs. Monster"



When I was a kid, Disney movies were the best.   I'm not just talking about the theatrical releases, either.  The Wonderful World of Disney produced a lot of made for TV movies that were aimed at kids and we're supposed to reflect stories modern kids could relate to.  "Polly," a modern retelling of "Pollyanna," was my favorite.  This has sways been the case, really.  Disney tries to produce movies with characters kids can relate to.  "The Apple Dumpling Gang," "The Three Lives of Thomasina," and many more demonstrate this.  Now, for kids in the 2010s, we have movies like "Girl vs. Monster."

The movie is about a teen girl who just wants to go hang out with her friends and have a normal life, but her parents are overprotective.  What dhe doesn't know is that she comes from a long line of monster hunters, and thus monsters are gunning for her, particularly on Halloween.  When a big time monster gets loose on Halloween and gomes after her, will she be able to fave her fear and defeat it?

I don't care if I'm in my 30s, I enjoyed the hell out of this movie.  It brought back fun Disney movie memories for me, and I hope kids these days love it ad much as I loved the Disney movies of my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment