Saturday, October 3, 2015

2015 October Horror Challenge #11 "Burying the Ex"



So I got home late from work this morning, and I only had time to watch one horror movie before I went to sleep, so I figured I'd get this one our of the way, because my attention span is shot, so it's the perfect day to watch a horror movie that sucks, since I won't want to pay attention to it anyway.  Harsh I know, but this movie sounded really stupid.  Sure, Netflix kept recommending it to me, but Netflix hates me, so that doesn't mean much. I mean, it's about a guy who is dating a horrible girl, she dies, then she comes back from the dead and won't leave him alone.  I'm getting annoyed just typing that description.

Imagine my surprise, then, when I actually really liked this movie.  Who knew?  At first, it seems kind of annoying, and I was like "his girlfriend really isn't that bad," but then she got much worse, so I actually felt bad for the guy when I never expected to.  Plus Ashley Greene plays his horrible girlfriend, and she does such a great job playing a bitch that it was fun to watch instead of annoying.

In further cast news, Alexandra Daddario plays the guy's new love interest, and I really like her.  She's quickly becoming my favorite modern-day scream queen, and it's funny, because she's always in movies that I think I will hate but wind up loving instead (see "Bereavement" and "Texas Chainsaw 3D" for other examples of this phenomenon).  Overall, this movie wound up being lots of icky, gory fun, and I was very happy to be wrong about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment