Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Horror Movie Challenge #51: "The Black Waters of Echo's Pond"

First of all, I have to say that I LOVE the poster for this movie.  It looks like the old 80s horror movie posters that I loved when I was a kid, and it gives me a hit of nostalgia for those days.  This movie is one of those "buried" movies that was talked about a lot but so rare that not many people had seen it, so it had a little legend going about it, and cult horror fans rejoiced when it was finally released on DVD this year.  I've wanted to see it for awhile, and I got it for my birthday this year, so I was stoked to finally get a chance to see it.

This movie is about a group of friends who gather at an island cottage to spend a weekend partying.  Of course there are plenty of buried feuds and enough hard feelings for the demonic forces on the island to play with as they try to turn the friends against each other.  The group finds a creepy game buried in the basement and decides to play it (because none of them have seen "Jumanji" so they don't realize that this is a bad idea) and soon the questions on the game's cards start hitting too close to home and chaos ensues.

There's a lot of cool gore in this movie as people do nasty things to each other, and it's great seeing Danielle Harris in anything (even though I didn't really like her character here...actually I don't think I liked any of the characters in this movie).  There was also a cool twist at the end that put a nasty little spin on things, and I appreciated that.  Overall this was a fun movie that was definitely worth the wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment