Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Horror Challenge #1:"Intruder" (2008)

So Netflix sometimes recommends movies to me, and this is one they've been bugging me to check out for awhile, so I decided to give it a try.  Honestly, it's got a micro budget, and you can tell because it looks like it was shot in someone's backyard and some of the acting leaves much to be desired, but the actress who plays the main character Lila does a good job.  Lila has been institutionalized for awhile, and today her boyfriend is here to pick her up because she's being released, and they go off on a romantic getaway in a secluded cabin in the dark, creepy woods where a couple disappeared last year and another couple just got murdered last week.  Sign me up for that trip!  Sounds like a nice, relaxing time for poor Lila, who has to deal with a stupid doofus of a boyfriend, plus her own mental issues, and we're never quite sure what's real and what's not because Lila's head is so messed up.  In the end I STILL wasn't sure exactly what happened, but it wasn't a bad way to spend an hour and a half, I liked Lila, the killer's clown mask was creepy, and there was enough gore and nudity to keep me entertained, so I admit, I had fun with this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment