Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Horror Challenge #86 "Mad Monster Party"

This is one of those movies that I really should have seen as a kid, because I would have appreciated it a lot more.  It's a stop-motion animated movie that parodies classic monster movies, with a mad scientist voiced by Boris Karloff about to retire and leave all his business to his nephew who never met him and is really socially awkward and has no idea that monsters exist.  See, Boris Karloff is a mad scientist who created some monsters and he's basically in charge of them all, so he has one final party to announce his retirement and he invites all the classic monsters (Dracula, Frankenstein, the Mummy, Creature from the Black Lagoon...you get the idea) as well as his hapless nephew out to his creepy mansion on his deserted island, and the monsters want to bump off the nephew so one of them can take charge, and shenanigans ensue.  It reminded me of that old stop motion Christmas special "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer," and I probably would have loved it if I were younger, but as it stands I was kind of bored and looking at my watch wanting it to get over with.  Not as much fun as I hoped, is what I'm saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment