Saturday, October 26, 2013

Horror Challenge #66: "Dracula"

Ok, I'll admit that when I first saw this movie, I wasn't a big fan.  I mean, I've wanted to see it since I was a kid, back when I wasn't allowed to watch it because it was a horror movie, and then I never got around to watching it until after I'd read the book, and I was obsessed with the book when I was a kid because it did some cool things that I'd never seen a book do before (come on, the big fight at the end happens off screen!) and when I finally got around to seeing this movie, it was a disappointment.  I still love it though, for all its influence on modern vampire movies, and this poster here is one I had hanging on my wall for years because I liked it so much.  It made Count Dracula cool and creepy, where in the book he was an old smelly dude who walked around in a straw hat and had really bad corpse breath.  Why won't anyone ever make the REAL Dracula into a movie?  I won't hold my breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment