Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Horror Challenge #87: "Saint Nick"

This is a movie I'd heard a lot of good things about, so I decided to check it out finally.  It's a cool idea, with the story focusing on St. Nick, a cleric who went around with his followers raping and pillaging and sliding down chimneys to cause mayhem, until he was killed and burned for his crimes, and now on December 5th (the day of his festival) people celebrate by giving each other gifts, but this pisses off the angry spirit who's still mad about that whole burned to death thing, so he returns to get vengeance in this small village and starts killing people.  It has some ok gore and a cool idea, but it really doesn't go anywhere too interesting with its material, and the really bad dubbing of the dialogue got on my nerves and distracted me from the movie, so I was diaappointed with this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment