Thursday, October 31, 2013

Horror Challenge #97: "The Initiation"

This is one of those rare 80s slashers that I haven't seen, even though I love slasher movies, so I was excited to finally watch it.  It's one of those movies where something terrible happened to the main character but she doesn't remember it, and when people start getting killed she doesn't realize that it has anything to do with her or her dark family secret, but the past comes back to haunt her until she's forced to face the truth.  I like movies like this, and I also like where most of the action is set in an abandoned shopping mall after hours, because the setting is creepy, and it adds to the creepiness of the movie.  The acting isn't the greatest, and the plot is kind of ridiculous, but I still had a lot of fun with this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment