Thursday, October 31, 2013

Horror Challenge #92: "Zombie High"

I like this picture because it's a reproduction of the cover for the VHS of this movie which is what I used to see in video stores when I was a kid and I wanted to see it back then, just like I wanted to see every horror movie.  I've seen movies such as "Disturbing Behavior" and now that I've finally seen THIS movie, I can see that those kinds of movies owe a lot to "Zombie High" for inspiration.

The movie isn't really about "zombies" in the traditional sense, reanimated corpses or even people turned into zombie-like creatures by a virus, it's about an elite boarding school where the teachers have a long history of capturing students and reprogramming them to behave a certain way.  It's like being a vampire kind of, only in this case you don't have to drink blood in exchange for eternal youth, you just have to keep ingesting a serum that helps you stay young and succeed in whatever field you choose (which is why graduates of this school do so well in society). 

It's all kind of silly of course, and the 80s hairstyles are hilarious, but it's a lot of fun to watch the movie in spite of these things.  I'm glad I finally got to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment