Saturday, October 26, 2013

Horror Challenge #71: "Attack of the Crab Monsters"

Things were getting altogether too moody and gloomy with the movies I watched today, so I decided to serve me up some cheese to go with my wine, and this movie provided just the antidote I needed.  Crabs are kind of icky anyway, being the big underwater spiders that they are, and the crabs in this movie are giant, which makes them even more dangerous, plus they can somehow absorb a human's intelligence when they eat a human, so the disembodied voices of the people they've eaten start speaking to the rest of the crew that's left, and it's all very scary to counter the silly effects and the somewhat ridiculous plot.  This movie is short enough that it doesn't drag on and grate on your nerves too much, so I had fun with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment