Monday, October 7, 2013

Horror Challenge #15: "The Mummy's Curse"

I'll admit that I had a lot of fun with this movie as well, even though people seem to agree that it's the worst of the Mummy films.  I suppose it's because I don't know much about the movies, so I don't know that this one is supposedly so bad.  Apparently it moves the action from New England to Louisiana for no apparent reason, but the creepy bayou locations worked for me.  In this movie, a developer is trying to get work done while dealing with locals who are suspicious about the local swamps being the home of an evil Mummy.  Soon, some scientists come along to study the Mummy's supposed hunting grounds, and of course nothing good ever happens when scientists show up.  Before long, the Mummy has been resurrected and so has his eternal love, but he is a creepy old Mummy while she is a beautiful young girl, and it's never really explained why.  Soon we see the Mummy shuffling along slowly, killing anyone who gets in his way.  That's the best part of these movies anyway, seeing the evil monster wreaking havoc before anyone can figure out how to stop him.  The movie is short and sweet, so it never overstays its welcome, so I liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment