Sunday, October 27, 2013

Horror Challenge #80: "Isolation" (2011)

This movie definitely had me turned around.  Netflix insisted that it was a horror movie, but for mnost of its running time, I thought it was a mystery thriller, and that I was going to have to use creative accounting in order to pass it off as a horror movie.  Then the ending happened, I peed my pants, and decided, NOPE, it's horror.

The moie is about a young woman who wakes up in a hospital's isolation room, not sure what happened or why she's there.  she seems to be suffering from some mystery malady, one that is affecting her strength and her motor skills.  She's a medical student, so she knows the lingo, but she's confused about how she ended up here.  From the scenes we see at the beginning of the movie and the reluctance of the doctor and orderly to discuss her situation with her, it seems clear that she's suffering from some mystery epidemic that is spreading throughout the country.  Of course, I immediately thought "Zombie epidemic!" but pretty soon after, I figured out what was actually going on, so the ending didn't really surprise me when it came, but the VERY ending is a complete knockout.  I'm not going to spoil it, but it definitely made me appreciate the movie more.  I think this movie is worth checking out.

No comments:

Post a Comment